Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2016

My Braces Journey #2!

It's been three months since I have had my braces put on so I thought that now would be a good time to give you a bit of an update on how my teeth are looking and how they are feeling.

After the braces where put on



I will start with giving you an update on the first month of having my braces, now I will be honest and say the first month was the worst, in fact the first two weeks were hell. First off, the pain was awful, now I wasn't expecting it to be all ok and not to hurt but it was quite bad. When the braces were put on I was actually cut in between my two front teeth which bled and continued to bleed for a few days. I was really nervous about brushing because I kept think they may fall out, it was also painful and they bled quite a bit. I did struggle to eat for a few days because again I was nervous of the falling out. I also kept having the urge, especially in the night, to pull them out. As the weeks went on it did get a lot easier to deal with them and get use to them.

End of first month

The second month I had them in, was nowhere near as bad as the first month and I had seemed to get used to them. This will sound strange, but I did struggle with smiling as I am not confisent smiling with my mouth open even though they are not hugely noticeable. I have also noticed that they stain quite easily which is a bit of pain but this down to me having them white. I also find the brushing after meals and drinking a bit of a pain, mainly when your out and having to run off to a toilet to brush them.
I didn't have any issues with them until nearing the end of my second month when I noticed one of the back brackets were slightly wobbly, I managed to get an appointment where they put a temporary fix on it until my next appointment which lasted about a two days.

End of second month

At my appointment they re fixed the lose bracket but three days later it completely can lose and was only secured by the wire. As it was the weekend I had wait to have it fixed again, which was a pain because it was actually my birthday BBQ which made it really hard to eat. When I went to the appointment I explained what had happened and the dentist explained the bracket didn't have much to hold on to and if it came lose again we could just remove it as it was really doing anything.



At my third appointment they removed the bracket that kept coming loose as it wasn't really doing anything at this point just causing problems. She said that as they were almost completely straight at my next appointment they would be changing my wire to the second wire.

So that is my brace update I will do a finally update of the last three months and the removal and end result once I have them off.

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment