Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017!

To say I am having to be starting a new year would be a huge understatement and to be truthful, 2017 couldn't have come round at a better time.
2016 wasn't exactly a great year, I achieved a lot to do with my job but other than that nothing huge happened that was a highlight of my year. To be honest, 2016 was a very hard year for me, mostly mentally. Last year (it so strange saying last year), my depression and anxiety was the worst it's ever been and mentally I wasn't in a very great place.
So, coming in to 2017, I am determined to feel better and put myself in a better place and do what I need to get out of this sad place I have been.


So, for this post I thought I would write some of Resolutions and Goals for this new year and hopefully look back on them at the end of year and see what I achieved.

1. Get into being back in a good place mentally
As I just mentioned, last year was a tough year that I spent most of feeling very low. Around the beginning of December I started taking new steps to get me back to feeling happier and back to being in a good place. These steps and also some new one, I will continue this year to get me back smiling and enjoying life again.

2. Say yes
Due to my panic attacks, I am terrible for saying no to things, especially new things. This year, I really want to step out of my comfort zone and not let my panic attacks take over my life. In 2017, I have a lot planned and am really looking forward to these new experiences.

3. Get back into blogging
Due to lots of reasons, I took a big step back from blogging and really missed it. So, this year I really want to get back into it and make a big effort with it as it's something I really do enjoy doing.

4. Get healthy
Last year, I started to go back to old habits of eating bad and I also ended up putting on weight which hasn't helped with not feeling myself. I want to get back into eating better and exercising again and hopefully tone up and lose some weight.

5. Save money

I used to be really good at saving my money, that all changed last year. I started to spend my money just for the sake of it and buying things that to be honest, I just really don't need. In 2017, I have got quite a lot planned that I will need to save for, so another goal is to get good with my money again.

6. Don't let people get to me

One big goal for this year, is to not let people get to me. I used to be terrible at this when I was younger but as I have gotten older, I have learnt to stand up for myself. In 2016, I had a few bad experiences of people putting me down and making me feel crap about myself, which also led to me feeling low. This year, I am determined not to let that happen or ever again.

So, those are my goals for 2017. I will probably have some more and this month goes on but these are my main focuses for this year. I hope you all had a lovely new year and let me know what your goals are for 2017.

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment